~ A Route 66 Santa Fe Motel right in heart of Santa Fe, sitting almost at the end of the Santa Fe Trail.
Since 1957, Garrett’s Desert Inn.
~ a classic Route 66 “motor-court” motel with front of the room parking, has been the go-to bargain accommodations for downtown Santa Fe.
~ with the famous "Bite" all-day restaurant featuring its renowned "Best of Santa Fe" burgers and malts.
~ one of the most affordable pet friendly Santa Fe hotels,
~ heated swimming p[ool and plenty of sun open late May to late September.
~ three blocks or less to
~ Right by the end of the Santa Fe trail.
~ Imagine what has passed us by.
Giving Back with Every Stay
It is our mission to support non-profits by hosting community environmental and political groups, book readings, lectures, meetings, yoga, and meditation - - the essence of living here in Santa Fe.
Now under new management:
- biggest bargain hotel in downtown Santa Fe – just 4 blocks walk to the Plaza and 3 to Canyon Road, 2 blocks to the cathedral, ½ a block to the Loretto chapel, 1 block to the State Capital, near all downtown museums, a short drive to the museums on Museum Hill, 10 yards to the Santa Fe River, and . . . right by the end of the Santa Fe trail. Imagine what has passed us by.
We’re not fancy – we’re right “there- in the heart of it” and locally owned since 1957Pet Friendly in Santa FeSanta Fe Bite
- park your car downtown at this Santa Fe motel for just $8 a day – best bargain in town for all day in and out.
Just as our rooms are the best bargains in downtown Santa Fe hotels. Only at the Garrett’s Desert Inn motel on Route 66 in Santa Fe.
- pet friendly hotels in Santa Fe – we welcome dogs and pets to our motel, pet walk along Santa Fe river next to statues –immediately adjacent to the motel.
- Santa Fe’s famous “BITE” – best burgers in the Southwest, now serving breakfast, lunch and dinner for our guests. As the former Bobcat Bite, it is featured on the Food Network and the Travel Channel. Breakfast is especially reasonable. No reservations. Long lines for lunch and dinner, so please try to plan to eat at “non-peak” times.
- surrounded by restaurants, galleries, boutiques.
- art gallery in the hotel’s front gathering space – exhibiting Linda Storm’s own work, her meditations on aspens, from her Canyon Rd. gallery – “Last gallery on the Right”
- meeting rooms for small groups and reunions in Santa Fe.
- small Santa Fe weddings and Santa Fe Quinceañeras that are low-key and low cost.
- native American Pueblo jewelry at the hotel’s forecourt: we have hosted one native American pueblo lady, San Ildefenso, for 15 years. Please have a look at her jewelry displayed next to our Tewa corn planting ground.
- Giving Back with Every Stay: it is our mission to support non-profits by hosting community environmental and political groups, book readings, lectures, meetings, yoga, and meditation – - the essence of living here in Santa Fe.
Goodies at our Santa Fe Motel – Garrett’s Desert Inn on Route 66 since 1957, when winged cars and throaty bikes rode the Route!
the nationally renowned Bite Restaurant , which before moving in with us in August, 2013 was known as the “Bobcat Bite” now it is our own Santa Fe Bite Restaurant, café, burger delight makers – with counter, table, and patio service outdoor dining. Here is our famous Green Chile Cheeseburger
microwaves and fridges in most rooms smoking rooms
free coffee all day in the lobby-lounge
heated pool and lounge area- closed mid October through mid April
performances and cabaret
community meeting space – the Community Hub of Santa Fe